Tuesday 25 May 2010

A Fraction of the Whole


While I'm here still, I'd just like to recommend a fantastic novel by Steve Toltz, which I read last summer but which I am still in awe with. It is one of those books which stays with you for a long long time (10 months and counting!) and which when reading totally absorbs you. If you like life stories, similar to American Wife, then this is one of the best I have read (maybe apart from Coming Home by Rosamund Pilcher) as it follows a father-son relationship from birth to death, with eccentric characters, deceptions, riches, and an infamous criminal uncle, all set within exotic locations.

It is one of those books where, afterwards, you feel as though you have run a marathon...with the characters...maybe...not that I would know what that feels like! Just go read it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment